IPS begins in the uniquely instructive discourse and community of Scholars of Color and provides space for these public scholars to invest, retreat and re-group. IPS engages with White Scholars with demonstrated commitment to the individual and organizational work of intersectional justice and equity and the praxis of leveraging and containing White privilege. IPS expands and formalizes our individual and collective work at the intersections of arts, humanities and science and works with individuals and organizations that:
- Employ the tools of “the academy” to generate just, restorative and sustainable solutions at the intersection of arts, humanities and science.
- Generate alternatives to cultural, spatial and environmental loss and toxicity
- Sustainably serve community members seeking social, cultural, business and environmental practices.
- Provide space for public scholars to invest, retreat and re-group.
- Develop partnerships with municipalities, foundations, community developers, entrepreneurs and community members in ensuring a long-term cultural presence for current and past residents.